The third IRI Meeting will be held in Athens in December 2018. With the collaboration of the Solidarity School Mesopotamia and the Open School Piraeus, the Institute of Radical Imagination wants to both create an institutional memory of practices of radical pedagogy and set up together with solidarity schools, a protocol for social activation and political prefiguration of education in the commons.
The theme of the meeting is Radical Education. An action-intervention will bring together interested actors in a workshop from December 15th to 17th, organized by IRI together with the LUC (Laboratory on Urban Commons) focuses on Solidarity Schools and forms of Radical Education.
If you are interested on receiving more information, do not hesitate contacting.
ph courtesy of Sabrina Merolla
For more information go to > fb L’Asilo–Ex Asilo Filangieri
29th November l’Asilo
10:00 – 14:30 – Organisational meeting of the IRI’s steering committee:
- Introduction of the Institute of Radical Imagination. Mao Mollona.
- New forms of collaboration. The museum of the commons. Manuel Borja Villel.
- Relations aesthetics and politics. Introduced by Marco Baravalle.
- Translation. Collaborative platforms, common language and methodology of working in commons. Introduced by Raúl Sánchez Cedillo.
- Legalising the Commons and new Municipalism. Introduced by Giuseppe Micciarelli.
- Mapping the Institute of Radical Imagination. Introduced by Emanuele Braga e Marco Baravalle.
14:35 – 16: 30 Lunch Break catering by Centro di Alimentazione Consapevole.
16:30 – 18:00 Finalising the meeting
- The Institute’s modus operandi. Open discussion.
- Institutional structure, including core values of the Institute and institutional borders – across academia, political institutions, grassroot groups and art institutions.
- How our deliberations become operative – through actions, policies, workshops artistic outputs/exhibitions or a mixture of the above?
- Thematic priorities.
18:30 – 21:00 – L ‘Asilo Open Space. Researchers and activists from centri sociali and other initiatives in Naples will join to discuss possible collaborations with the Institute.
10:00 – 13:00 Further discussion and goodbyes at the centre Scugnizzo Liberato.