Institute of Radical Imagination joins the call for solidarity published by L’Internationale (below).
As concrete actions are needed IRI decided to make three donations for an amount of € 2.368,20.
We invite all those who can to donate.
“We, the L’Internationale Confederation, are devastated by the news of the severe earthquake in the regions of Turkey and Syria. The death toll is already above 30,000 lives and millions of people are without a home or adequate shelter. After a week of tireless and breathtaking rescue efforts in harsh winter weather there are still miraculous rescues happening that give moments of hope. Above all, the international effort that is now being organised must focus on the victims and offer them care and support both material and spiritual.
We’d like to express our solidarity with all people touched by this tragedy and especially with our colleagues and friends at Salt, with whom we collaborate closely as part of the confederation. We stand by them now and beyond the immediate aftermath of this catastrophe to help them hold their resolve and rebuild for the future.
We would like to urge all our friends and colleagues in the international art community to support the relief efforts by donating to any of the organisations below. This list has been drawn up together with Salt in Istanbul and to our knowledge represents the most credible and effective NGOs working in the region.”
DONATIONS can be done to
- AKUT, voluntary association involved in searching, assisting and rescuing people by means of trained, disciplined, high-standard personnel and equipment. https://akutvakfi.org.tr/en/
- AHBAP, Turkish NGO aiming to provide all kinds of aid to people in need, in kind and in cash. AHBAP has been very active in helping people affected by natural disasters in Turkey. https://ahbap.org/bagisci-ol https://ahbap.org/disasters-turkey
- Turkey Mozaik Foundation Kahramanmaras Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/kahramanmarasearthquake
- DP Turkey & Syria Earthquake Recovery Fund to help earthquake-affected communities https://disasterphilanthropy.org/
- Turkish Philanthropy Funds – Earthquake Relief Fund https://donate.tpfund.org/campaign/tpf-turkiye-earthquake/c465112
If you would like to send materials and coordinate on the ground:
- İhtiyaç Haritası is currently working with other NGOs through https://www.ihtiyacharitasi.org/
- Afet Platformu assesses needs and make a list of what is urgent and where: https://afetplatformu.org.tr/
- Hayatadestek (supporttolife) an independent humanitarian organization founded with the principle aim of helping disaster affected communities meet their basic needs and rights. https://www.supporttolife.org/donate
- Molham Team https://molhamteam.com/en/campaigns/439
- Syrian American Medical Society https://fundraise.givesmart.com/vf/EarthquakeSyria
- The White Helmets https://www.whitehelmets.org/en/