La Ingobernable CSO, is a key space when it comes to the common thinking in Madrid. The second IRI meeting, held in Madrid, occurred in parallel with the “Master” in Urban Commons and both sessions took place at La Ingobernable, which had a central role in designing and realizing the Master, developed along other common spaces as L’Asilo (Naples) or La Casa Invisible (Málaga), conceived as an action intervention for the legalization of the commons.
La Ingobernable is an occupied social centre in the heart of the city of Madrid facing constant threats of eviction, due the fact the city council doesn’t recognize it’s central function and value for everyday’s life in common for the inhabitants of Madrid..
La Ingobernable launched a support campaign based on the document that they are presenting to the city council with the purpose of opening a dialogue with the government of the mayor Manuela Carmena. IRI strongly believes on supporting this values and encourages to show your support and invites you to sign the letter.
MASTER in Urban Commons, the Ingobernable and various social centres in Madrid and across Spain will collectively discuss and re-define the vocabularies, practices and strategies of urban commoning starting by sharing the experience of I beni comuni emergenti developed by l’Asilo Ex Asilo Filangieri in Naples. Continue reading “MASTER EN COMUNES URBANOS @ CSO LA INGOBERNABLE”
ph courtesy of Sabrina Merolla
For more information go to > fb L’Asilo–Ex Asilo Filangieri
29th November l’Asilo
10:00 – 14:30 – Organisational meeting of the IRI’s steering committee:
- Introduction of the Institute of Radical Imagination. Mao Mollona.
- New forms of collaboration. The museum of the commons. Manuel Borja Villel.
- Relations aesthetics and politics. Introduced by Marco Baravalle.
- Translation. Collaborative platforms, common language and methodology of working in commons. Introduced by Raúl Sánchez Cedillo.
- Legalising the Commons and new Municipalism. Introduced by Giuseppe Micciarelli.
- Mapping the Institute of Radical Imagination. Introduced by Emanuele Braga e Marco Baravalle.
14:35 – 16: 30 Lunch Break catering by Centro di Alimentazione Consapevole.
16:30 – 18:00 Finalising the meeting
- The Institute’s modus operandi. Open discussion.
- Institutional structure, including core values of the Institute and institutional borders – across academia, political institutions, grassroot groups and art institutions.
- How our deliberations become operative – through actions, policies, workshops artistic outputs/exhibitions or a mixture of the above?
- Thematic priorities.
18:30 – 21:00 – L ‘Asilo Open Space. Researchers and activists from centri sociali and other initiatives in Naples will join to discuss possible collaborations with the Institute.
10:00 – 13:00 Further discussion and goodbyes at the centre Scugnizzo Liberato.